The Flying Fish Swim Team is a community swim team for ages 3-18 in Jacksonville, Florida. We are members of the River City Swim League. The team is open to all members of the community regardless of skill level.
The basic mission of the Flying Fish Swim Team is to develop interest and participation in amateur swimming in a safe and fun environment and afford the opportunity of skill development and team participation.
Competitive swimming helps to develop discipline and encourages self-esteem. The Flying Fish Swim Team provides a comprehensive approach to competitive swimming. Emphasis is placed on fundamental skills, stroke technique, physical conditioning, healthy competition and most of all, enjoyment of the sport.
Top Ten Reasons to Join the Flying Fish!
- Swimming is an important skill to have.
- It's a great exercise and works out all your muscles!
- You get to go to the pool every day!
- There's no better way to make new friends.
- Team activities like the donut relay & Ichetucknee.
- Sno-Cones at home meets!!
- Getting to travel to exotic places like Fernandina (lol)
- You never have to take a shower because your chlorine levels are so high!
- No other team has their own song!!!!
- We're the most fun team in town!!